Man’s Toil & Misery A Tafsīr Of Sūrat al-Balad Part 1 of 2 – Delivered by Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq on 26th September 2014 at Al Kawthar Academy (Leicester)
A detailed commentary of Sūrat al-Balad containing the following topics:
– English translation of Sūrat al-Balad.
– The prophecy regarding the conquest of Makkah.
– Reflecting on the difficult life of Rasūlullāh ﷺ.
– Allah’s favours upon us and being questioned about them on the Day of Judgement.
– What is salvation?
– The encouragement to feed the hungry, look after orphans and free the slaves.
Below are some of the timecodes and topics relating to this talk:
9:24 – What were the Quraish’s views about the afterlife?
18:10 – What prestige and bounties did the the Quraish enjoy in Arabia?
25:24 – What is meant by ‘being lawful’?
35:30 – Does every living thing have to struggle?
43:29 – How difficult was the life of Rasūlullāh ﷺ ?
48:30 – Man spends to get something.
53:39 – How is man deluded by wealth?
1:03:00 – What 4 things will we be Questioned about on the Day of Judgement?
1:12:57 – Why do you live your life in that manner?
1:19:32 – Gratitude for our eyes
1:29:41 – Which deed will take you closer to Jannah?
1:36:05 – The high intelligence of man.
1:46:32 – Is Individual piety enough?
FREE audio Download available on SoundCloud